- Your First dApp tutorial
- Building a new dApp on Polygon?
- Developer Quick Start
- Already have a dApp?
- Start designing with Finity
- Sponsor Prize Details
Ending at 5 PM ET on August 22, 2022.
We are looking to drive adoption for web3. Functional dApps and products will play a huge role in rolling out different use cases and potentially bringing in new users. But numerous design problems remain unsolved when it comes to the look, flow, and usability.
During the Polygon BUIDL IT : Summer 2022 we are hosting a 7 - Day challenge for the UI/UX Designers to improvise the Web3 User Journey.
Please note that in order to be eligible for Designathon Prizes, you'll need to be registered for the hackathon on Devpost.
Pick a dApp idea.
Create a design prototype that solves UX problems.
Create all your submission materials which include:
- Project Description: Brief us on what is the problem statement you have chosen and how you have intended to solve the same in less than 200 words
- 5-minute Explanation Video: This video will introduce the team and the project. Should cover a short demo of the design, highlights and how the problem has been simplified and solved
- High Fidelity Prototype: A link to the high fidelity prototype of your project including interactions
Submit your prototype by August 2, 2022 at 5 PM ET here: https://buidlit.devpost.com/details/designathon/#form
dApp Ideas for the Designathon
A mobile-first voting app for DAOs. The following can be the features:
- DAO participants can vote for proposals
- Check major updates in your DAO
- A leaderboard to track participation and increase weekly engagement
- A forum for users to interact in
- One-stop to run a DAO
NFTs in Education
A platform for students and educators using web3 technology.
- Certifications are in the form of SBT tokens
- Profiles with a display of tokens as proof of participation
- Onboarding for students, schools, universities and companies
- Assessment modules to claim certificates
- Dashboard to track student participation in different courses
A dashboard to interact with multiple pools from multiple protocols.
- Simplify DeFi tracking as simple as possible
- Two different views for newbies and pros
- Simplify how several metrics like balance and transactional data are shown
- Track individual or bundle wallets and their activities
- A view of individual blockchains and also total wallet balances and performanc
A transaction explorer targeting non-tech users
- Allow users to search using address, blocks or hash
- Watch wallet activities and behaviour anonymously
- Get a report of your wallet tracking transactions and activity
- Visualize data with charts and diagrams in real-time
Play to Earn
Quest-based interface for users to participate and earn rewards
- Complete different quests to earn in crypto
- Easy onboarding for new users
- Track your progress on a daily basis
- Stake your tokens and earn rewards
Cross Chain Bridge
A cross-chain bridge that allows users to swap between different chains
- Show conversion price of different crypto
- Enable token swapping with less friction
- A dashboard to show different assets in one place
- Show possibilities of swapping between multiple chains in one place
- Educational screens for users who are trying for the first time
Game-centric wallet inside of Polygon
A wallet that enables cross-pollination among different Polygon games
- View all game assets and tokens in one place
- Discover new games
- Identify games with interoperable elements and categorize them together
- Show the value of your wallet in total
- Personalized dashboard showcasing favourite games, most-played, most-valuable token, etc.
UX Design Problem Statements for the Designathon
Part 1: UX Problem Statement for an audience with web3 awareness
- Better visibility of feedback loops for investors to understand positive/negative feedback in their investments
- Detection of spammy smart contract, new smart contract, safe to use smart contract before doing any transaction
- A better way to represent wallet balances. A regular web3 user’s wallets are full of thousands of tokens and thousands of NFTs where many are Spammy and Fake ones.
- Personalization of different screens and dashboards based on the user’s activity
- Identify any UX problems that you want to address. Make sure these are real-life web3 user problems that require addressing.
Part 2: UX Problem Statement for an audience with little to no web3 awareness
- Better readability of Smart Contract before approving/interacting with any smart contract the first time. This can be compared with giving permission to multiple apps in Web2.
- Better Onboarding flow and hooks in the product to reduce the drop-off rate for users.
- Educational UX that can subtly explain different terms and their necessity in the product.
- Building trust with new users by adding features that can simplify or overcome the need to understand technical terms or code.
- A better way to show transactional data. Etherescan / Polygon scan is for tech-savvy users.
- Better account management to show a list of protocols that has approval of your wallet + access to your wallet
Sponsor Prizes Details
Filecoin / IPFS - Use IPFS, NFT.storage, web3.storage or similar within your hackathon project.
Spheron Network - Use Spheron to build a decentralized User Interface for your hackathon project
AWS - Use any AWS Service to build your hackathon project.
Other broad innovative domain that can be added ideas on core verticals are as follow
Sequence Wallet - Implement Sequence Wallet within your hackathon project.
Judging criteria: - Quality + design of the project - Potential impact of the project - Quality of Sequence integration
Fluence Network - Implement Fluence’s decentralized infrastructure in your hackathon project.
Fluence is a decentralized platform designed to enable the freedom of digital innovation via peer-to-peer applications.
Chainlink - Use Chainlink to make a state change on-chain in your hackathon project.
Chainlink is a decentralized oracle network that provides secure and reliable inputs and outputs for off-chain data for complex smart contracts on any blockchain.
19k+ dApps choose Polygon to scale
The Web3 applications built on Polygon offer low fees, high scalability, and hold themselves to the highest standard of security. Check out all the Polygon Dapps.
NFT | Games | Metaverse | DAO
Aavegotchi is a DeFi-focused non-fungible token (NFT) that runs on the Aave protocol. Simply put, Aavegotchis are game avatars that can be used as DeFi collateral to earn staking rewards.
Next-gen Layer 2 DEX. Trade at lightning-fast speeds with near-zero gas fees.
QiDao is the first Polygon-based stablecoin protocol. The Protocol enables projects to create stablecoins (miTokens) backed by their tokens as collateral.
- Getting Started
- Deploying on Polygon
- Configure Polygon on Wallets
Connect with Us
The Polygon team is putting on a few workshops to help you get your project going. Here are some links to previous workshops and look out for more on the Polygon TV YouTube channel.
- Workshop 1 - Intro to Web3 Tech Stack
- Workshop 2 - Building a Fullstack Guestbook dApp
- Workshop 3 - Intro to IPFS and Filecoin
- Hackathon Summit
- Workshop 4 - Ship your dApp with Spheron in 10 Minutes
- Workshop 5 - Fluence Labs